These historic walls are located in historic St. Augustine, Florida and date back to the early 1700s. The Royal Treasurer for the Spanish Colony made his residence behind these walls during the time period. Governor John Moultrie lived at the home and later the home was rebuilt altogether.
This occurred after a local doctor, Dr. Seth Peck purchased the land in 1837. He remodeled and created a new home from these historic walls. At the new residence the Peck family lived for nearly 100 years.
The city of St. Augustine received the property from the last resident of the Peck family in 1931. With grants from the Flagler Foundation this historic wall has been incorporated into gardens and preserved for future generations to enjoy the cities historical heritage.
Thanks for reading and as always, keep on truckin’!